Become a Licensed Site
A license is required for a site to host On the Move: Group exercise for Improved Mobility in Older Adults. The facility or the organization holds the license.
- All licenses are good for three years.
- The fee is $0 for non-profits. We still require the facility register and obtain the license.
- The fee is on a graduated scale for for-profit facilities and organizations as follows:
- For 1-5 sites, the fee is $1,000
- For 6-10 sites, the fee is $2,500
- For 11+ sites the fee is $5,000
- Once your facility or organization is licensed, you will need a certified instructor to teach your OTM class.
Our licensing is managed by the University of Pittsburgh Innovation Institute: www.innovation.pitt.edu
Become an Instructor
Are you interested in becoming an On the Move: Group Exercise for Improved Mobility in Older Adults certified Instructor?
You need to:
- Be a licensed health professional (PT, PTA, OT, COTA) or certified fitness instructor (certified by a national recognized fitness organization such as ACE or ACSM)
- Attend one of our OTM training courses (this course will be eligible for continuing education credits), achieve a passing grade on a written examination, and demonstration competency with the program
- Hold a current CPR certification
We also prefer, but do not require, that you have the following:
- Experience leading group exercise programs
- Experience interacting with older adults
- An energetic, upbeat personality
Instructor Fee and Registration:
- $450 if registered 3 weeks prior to the course start using the promo code OTMNOV450 by midnight EST October 12 for the November 2nd and 3rd virtual training.
- $500 until midnight the day before the course
- Register for a course here.